Discover for yourself how easy & enjoyable painting can be !

..... as you come exploring ART materials and ART techniques with me.







18 March 2010

WATERCOLOUR BIRDBATH

 This charming little birdbath is the feature I have chose as my watercolour lesson for the "Welcome to My Garden" dvd. The actual birdbath has been rendered in watersoluble graphite shaded just like a normal graphite drawing and then disolved with a brush and water giving a wet on dry watercolour effect. This contrasts nicely with the softer background which has been built up woth layers of wet on wet applications. If this sounds a little too technical don't worry. I will explain everything in great detail on the dvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there

My photo
Gympie, QLD, Australia
I love to paint and draw and I often teach to share my passion with others. Currently I am focussing on producing some step-by-step painting lesson dvds.