Discover for yourself how easy & enjoyable painting can be !

..... as you come exploring ART materials and ART techniques with me.







24 March 2010

FLOWING FOUNTAIN acrylic on sponge

I have just completed my "first draft" of the fountain feature. This was painted entirely with 4 colours and  a dish sponge just like in the archway demonstration video in my previous posting.
The sketch on the easel is not related to the painting on the left. It was an abandoned pastel attempt of the same scene. (Yes I do have abandoned attempts.) I just thought the cat looked so cute under the easel that I couldn't resist putting it in.
By the way, the water wasn't flowing when I painted the fountain. Actually the bowl has a leak and the pump hasn't been turned on in years. But that is why artistic licence is so much better than taking a photo. I did paint it without the water but it looked boring. I'll show you when I get the video done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there

My photo
Gympie, QLD, Australia
I love to paint and draw and I often teach to share my passion with others. Currently I am focussing on producing some step-by-step painting lesson dvds.