Discover for yourself how easy & enjoyable painting can be !

..... as you come exploring ART materials and ART techniques with me.







24 March 2010

WATERCOLOUR BIRDBATH steps

Here is a little preview of the steps I took in creating the first impression of the "Watercolour Birdbath". The paintings on the dvd "Welcome to My Garden" may vary from these "first impressions".

When I am developing a step-by-step lesson whether for film or a live workshop, I begin with these initial images or first drafts.
Sometimes one practice run is all I need but often I need to repeat the painting or parts of the painting several times before I am satisfied with the sequence of steps.
I aim to establish the most economical use of brushstrokes. This can be very time consuming but it is necessary to produce a seamless final demonstration that will be easy for the student to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there

My photo
Gympie, QLD, Australia
I love to paint and draw and I often teach to share my passion with others. Currently I am focussing on producing some step-by-step painting lesson dvds.